Does diet and lifestyle modification help treat frequent UTI?
Need to rule out Cause if any.
See, if there is a reason behind UTI then we need to find it and treat it.
Most common causes being Diabetes, stones in renal tract.
If no apparent causes then life style changes includes drinking plenty of water. Avoid public toilets.
Keep your private area clean and dry.
If you are sexually active the wash genitals properly after sex.
You can increase consumption of citrus fruits in diet like Apple, Grapefruit and oranges.
You can also take lemon water twice a daily.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Anshul Varshney,
Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?