Does cyclenorm e and p tablet helps to terminate pregnancy?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: cyclenorm p & e helps to abort pregnancy of 20 days
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 33 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, how can a pregnancy of 20 days can be detected? Because, to detect pregnancy, you have to do pregnancy test on or after the day of missed period. What was the date of last menstrual period? If there is any confusion, confirm the situation by doing an ultrasound scan.

Cyclenorm p and e are just birth control pill. It contains estrogen and progesterone supplements. Usually, they are not used for abortion. Because of higher failure rate and future complications.

The best drug for abortion is mifepristone, followed by intravaginal misoprostol. To take the medicine, you have to visit a gynecologist for prescription. In any conditions like excessive bleeding, pain, and incomplete abortion, you should consult with the gynecologist. To detect completion of abortion, ultrasound scan is necessary.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.