Does continuous intake of Solian result in altered cholesterol levels in the body?
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks again so much for reaching out directly.
Yes, both these medications can cause increases in "bad" cholesterol, including triglycerides and LDL cholesterol. HDL cholesterol is "good," and higher levels of it are better and protective of the heart.
Sertindole raises LDL cholesterol & triglycerides, and lowers HDL cholesterol.
Amisulpride raises LDL cholesterol & triglycerides, and lowers HDL cholesterol, but probably not as much as sertindole.
It is important to eat healthy foods to lower your LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. It is important to get plenty of exercise to raise your HDL cholesterol. You should get blood cholesterol levels checked every 6 months, so you doctor can evaluate if you need cholesterol-altering medication.
Thanks a lot for your answer. I would like to know finally if there is any interaction between Serlect (sertindole) and Amisulpride, and if there are antipyschotics not so hard for Triglycerides and Cholesterol. Thanks beforehand, XXXXXXX
There is no direct interaction between sertindole and amisulpride, but because they are both atypical antipsychotics, taking both could result in more side effects associated with that class, including sedation, EPS, dry mouth, and QTc prolongation on an EKG.
The atypical antipsychotics that have the least amount of cholesterol elevation are amisulpride, aripiprazole and ziprasidone. Typical antipsychotics as a class, including haloperidol, chlorpromazine, and fluphenazine, cause less cholesterol elevation, but much higher rates of EPS.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recommended cholesterol daily intake
- Blood test results cholesterol
- Cholesterol crystals in body fluid
- How the body makes cholesterol
- Curd intake increase cholesterol
- Will cholesterol leave body
- Cholesterol test results
- Khaini effects on body cholesterol
- High cholesterol levels results in hives
- Reading cholesterol results
- Do antidepressants cause depression?
- Suggest treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome
- Does intake of Elavil help in treating fear and depression?
- Suggest treatment for schizophrenia
- Does Shakeology supplements interact with multivitamin supplements?
- What is Abilify used for?
- Can Wellbutrin be taken in place of Escitalopram?
- Does Parkinson's disease cause cognitive impairment?
- Is Levocetirizine the right medicine for stress?
- Is ETG test advisable after consuming alcohol?