question-icon

Does Consuming Three Zandu Mugdh Ras Require ER Consultation?

default
Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017
Question: MY WIFE CONSUMED 3 ZANDU MUGDH RAS , (MERCURY 30 MG EACH TABLET)TABLET 3 HOURS AGO . WHAT SHOULD I DO , IS IT POISONIOUS ?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (34 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Seek urgent medical attention.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Yes, it is poisonous. You should take her to the ER at the earliest.

Let me know if I could help further.

Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
default
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (30 minutes later)
It has already been 4 hours since she consumed , but still she seems fine . what should i do , do i still go to the doctor. Will it react later ?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
A clinical observation could have been helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hopefully she would remain fine. However, mercury is a poisonous element and I would strongly insist on refraining from its intake. The suggestion for seeking medical assistance is to make sure that things are fine. Based on clinical correlation the ER doctor could also place her under observation.

Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4471 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

152 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Does Consuming Three Zandu Mugdh Ras Require ER Consultation?

Brief Answer: Seek urgent medical attention. Detailed Answer: Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic. I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Yes, it is poisonous. You should take her to the ER at the earliest. Let me know if I could help further. Regards