Does constipation lead to reduced fetal movement?
More than 10 movements in 2 hrs
Thanks for your query.
The perception of fetal movement depends a lot on the mother. There is no accepted definition of reduced fetal movement as well.
Usually if you get more than 10 fetal movements in 2 hours, then it is acceptable. Yes the fetal movements may be lesser during constipation. The constipation should be relieved by taking more of fluids and milk. If that does not help then lactulose syrup may be taken. Also please prefer to lie on your side and not on your back.
These perceptions of constipation and reduced fetal movement are common during end-stages of pregnancy.
At this time please see your obstetrician every week.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constipation causing decreased fetal movement
- Constipation and fetal movement
- Should i be worried if my fetal movement is reduced
- Reasons for reduced fetal movements
- What causes reduced fetal movement before delivery
- Pregnant have reduced fetal movement is it normal
- Can constipation cause less fetal movement
- Reduced fetal movement and downs syndrome
- Constipation and decreased fetal movement
- Does constipation affect fetal movements
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...