Does cinnamon lead to miscarriage?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Birth Control
Question: How much cinnamon do I need to take to cause miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is not enough evidence regarding its efficacy and dose.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi wani. I will be answering your concerns.

Cinnamon 3 tbs daily with milk for three days is advised by some for abortion. Some advise a tablespoon of cinnamon powder mixed with water taken everyday until abortion occurs. There is not enough evidence for the same. The abortions it causes are often incomplete abortion.
Therefore it is better to consult doctor for abortion. Based on the age of pregnancy you will be offered medical/surgical method of abortion. These methods are reliable and safe.
I hope this helps.
If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D