Does chemotherapy has any effect on sperm motility?
This will result in a lower sperm count!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this cancer diagnosis I am however happy that he is receiving care for this. Chemotherapy suppresses all rapidly multiplying cells. With sperms being part of these cells, their production will also be affected and as a result he will end up with a lower number of sperm count.
I hope this helps. I wish your boyfriend well and a speedy recovery. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Yes, IUD are pretty effective at that!
With an IUD, chances of getting pregnant are low. However, you cannot rely on a low sperm count not to be pregnant because no matter how low it is, all we need is a single sperm that does the job.
I wish you both well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Effects of metoprolol on sperm motility
- Bromhexine effect on sperm motility
- Keppra effect on sperm motility?
- Does weight effect sperm motility
- Sperm motility and maxoza l
- Effect of paracetamol on sperm motility
- Improve sperm motility
- Daflon effect on sperm motility
- Effect of benzocaine on sperm motility
- Effect of tight underpants on sperm production and sperm motility