Does bulky cervix in an ultrasound report indicate cancer?
Unlikely to be cervical cancer
Hi XXXX, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Bulky cervix in ultrasound can be present in:
1. Cervicitis, in which there is hypertrophy due to infection.
2. Hypertrophic cervix due to childbirth
3. Very rarely it can be due to cancerous growth in the cervix.
I would suggest you not to worry and do consult an OBGYN specialist to get properly examined and investigated (using vaginal smear, pap smear, colposcopy and cervical biopsy if needed). These tests will help narrow down the diagnosis.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of ultrasound cancer
- Treatment and cure for ultrasound cancer
- Will ultrasound show pancreatic cancer
- Breast cancer found by ultrasound
- Kub ultrasound shows cancer
- Ultrasound says bulky cervix
- Does ultrasound show cancer
- Ultrasound cancer causes
- Ultrasound for breast cancer screening
- Ultrasound characteristics of thyroid cancer