Does botox injection given to eyelids cause any eye problems?

Posted on Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Sir, I am taking Botox injection 50 ml in my both eye lids. I am taking this injection since last 2.5 years. I am taking this injection as per doctors instructions in every six months intervals time. Last time I had taken the injection on 17th of December. But one of my eye was just before the injection was taken. Can you ex plane me the reason and solution for my problem.My age is 45. Hope you will consider this issue seriously and I am expecting one solution from you I got your contact id from net. Regards
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly elaborate you concern & give exact details Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for eye issue with botox. I have read the complete query multiple times but can not make out the exact problem. "But one of my eye was just before the injection was taken" - cannot make any interpretation. I am not able to make out the exact problem you are suffering from before /during /after taking botox. It would be best if you can elaborate you concern and give exact details as what problem you faced along with botox. If it can be expressed by pictures then would be best to send few good resolution pictures of the area so that it can be analyzed best. You have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia) "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Dermatology)
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 34 minutes later
Dear Doctor, Please find the picture attached and advise. Thanks,
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly elaborate the concern & give exact details Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Welcome to the forum again and thanks for posting the picture to the forum. I am still not able to make out the exact problem you are suffering from before/during /after taking botox. I again very humbly request you to kindly elaborate your exact concern and details regarding botox and the eye drooping. I can see in the picture that you have partial drooping of left eyelid. But still I cannot make out that is it happened before taking botox or after taking botox. Regarding the amount of botox too, 50 ml is never a dose of botox. You check out with the doctor it must be 50 units or anything in units only rather than ml. Hope to hear soon from your side to help and guide you best. "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Dermatology)
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist