Ask a Urologist   »  

Does bladder infection cause back and abdominal pain?

Question
Two weeks ago I developed a bladder infection. I began treating with lots of water and cranberry juice.
It cleared up in just a few days. One week later and the infection is back again. I am treating it the same way and its improving. Now my concern is that I may be developing a kidney infection. I've been having back and abdominal pain but no other kidney infection symptoms. Is it possible the pain is just from the bladder infection ? The pain is not sever and my other symptoms are clearing up. I do not have health insurance and am trying to avoid a unnecessary hospital visit.
Posted Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vaginal infection...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for posting!

I have gone through your query and I understand your concerns.

According to your symptoms, including back and abdominal pain, I think that you may have developed vulvo vaginitis(a vaginal infection). This infection in most cases is accompanied by uretritis(dysuria).

It is necessary that you have an abdominal ultrasound, vaginal stricho, urine culture and a complete blood count.

You must contact your OBGYN and the treatment will be based on his/her conclusions.

Feel free to ask for anything unclear.

Dr. Behar.