Does birth control pill help reduce menstrual pain and cramps?
wait for periods to get over or 5 days from starting of periods
Thanks for posting in HCM.
Usually when there is gap in taking birth control pills and this if results in occurence of periods then it is advisable to wait for the periods to get over.
The periods have started due to dip in hormone levels in blood due to holding the pills. Now the uterus is in menstruating phase. If you start pills now it will create confusion and phase will be disturbed.
Hence it will be advisable to let this period get over or wait for 5 days from the starting date of your periods.
Once periods get over, you can restart your pills so as to cause normal growth and proliferation of the uterus.
I hope i have answered your query well.
If you have any more query kindly write back to me will be happy to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Familon birth control pill
- Nortrel birth control pills menstrual cramps
- Lolostrin birth control pills shoulder pain
- Delayed period cramps taking birth control pills
- Is regestrone is birth control pill
- Birth control pills help acne
- Have migraine taking birth control pills help
- Do laxatives reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills
- Birth control pills help depression
- Does cefdnir reduce the effect of birth control pills