Does aspartame in diet sodas cause any health hazards?
Aspartame use is not linked to increase cancer risk
Hello sir.Thanks for your query.
Aspartame is one among the most common artificial sweeteners which are used especially in sodas, soft drinks as you rightly mentioned.Expert agencies in the US and elsewhere that have evaluated aspartame have found it safe for use in humans.Research has not found that aspartame use is linked to an increased risk of cancer.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates the use of aspartame and other artificial sweeteners in the United States while the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) assesses the safety of this sweetener in the European Union.Both of them agree that studies done so far have not found such a link.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Health hazards caused by encopresis
- Diet sodas without aspartame
- Soda and aspartame and bilirubin
- Diet soda cause phlegm
- Does diet soda cause inflammation
- What sodas contain aspartame
- Canswallowing semen cause health hazards
- Aspartame health problems
- Does diet soda cause wrinkles
- Does diet soda cause sweating
- Took risperidal, lorazepam and benztropine. Unable to stand still after...
- When does negative feedback mechanism for hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal...
- Injured nose, cheekbone and lost teeth. Any risk of death?
- Losing weight, stomach is elevated and found a lump under ribcage. What...
- Having premature ejaculation. What could be done?
- Have chronic bronchitis and noticed a lump at the back of throat. What...
- Took Morphine injection, Hydrocodone and ondansetron for strained...
- Child has developed pus cells after taking antibiotics. Advised...
- How to resolve problem of autistic child who masturbates frequently?
- Had cortisone shots in neck. What could be the cause for redness in body?