Does any test show oxycodone if I have smoked it?

Dr. Nsah Bernard

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: If you smoke XXXXXXX will it show up as something different since i smoked it?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Happy to read from you.
If you smoke XXXXXXX the test results will still show up as oxycodone and not anything else unless only a general test of opiates is done and non-specific to oxycodone. XXXXXXX (generic name Oxycodone) and/or its major metabolites may be measured in blood or urine to monitor for abuse, confirm a diagnosis of poisoning or assist in a medicolegal death investigation. Many commercial opiate screening tests cross-react appreciably with oxycodone and its metabolites, but chromatographic techniques can easily distinguish oxycodone from other opiates.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli