Does antacids cause anemia?
yes and no!
the antacids won't result in anemia. But I've seen that you're taking prilosec and tums. Prilosec is not an antacid, it's a proton pump inhibitor. Tums is an antacid. Tums does not cause anemia. Prilosec may cause anemia by reducing the amount of B12 in the body. It does so by reducing its absorption. It's not very common, so only few patients are affected by it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?