Does androgenic medication like provirone affect testosterone production?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello : I suffer from loosing erection during sex .. i have erection and loose it .. also i have full erection during masturbation.. i have been in eltroxin for 3 months and i dont know why it dropped testerone levels to 2.8 and raised FSH to 17 and raised LH to 15 .. my normal testerone levels were round 5-6 .. do eltroxin affected my testerone levels .. unfortunately i took high dosage .. aslo i need to know if Androgenic medication like provirone affect testerone production
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Decreased testosterone production can be a cause. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your query, I would like to suggest that hormonal disturbance in the body especially of thyroid affects fertility and can cause impotency in males. Decresed production of testosterone can result in erectile dysfunction. Androgenic medicines like pro virone (mesterolone) increases testosterone levels.But you should take it only under medical supervision. You can do pelvic muscle strengthening exercises to help in some relief from erectile dysfunction. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks.