Does an increased dose of Venlafaxine and Celebrex cause disorganized thinking?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Wed, 1 Aug 2018 in Mental Health
Question: I have been taking venlafaxine and celebrex for a long time My dose was increased recently after a few months passed I began experiencing losing my train of thought in the middle of conversations.I just went blank.I had been losing words for while but attributed it to old age.(82).I thought it might be side effects from the drugs and stopped taking them.Within two days it all stopped My problem is I don't know which drug is responsible.What shall I do?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Resume previous dose in consultation with your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Venlafaxine is an antidepressant whereas celecoxib or celebrex is an NSAID or pain medication.

Neither of these medication are associated with the symptoms that you described however the dose being increased led to these effects. You can resume the medication with the same previoys dose at which you did not have these effects in consultation with your doctor.

wishing you best of health

Thanks