Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Does an enlarged prostate require a second medical consultation after two months?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1597 Questions
i am a 59 yr old XXXXXXX XXXXXXX diagnosed with an enlarged prostate and elevated p.s.a. numbers. the doctor wants to see me again in two months and re-test. is this the normal course of action?
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Regular follow up every two - three months is normal course of action in case of enlarged prostate and high PSA. What is the PSA level? if it is more than 4 they have raised suspicion and ask for frequent follow ups.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Does an enlarged prostate require a second medical consultation after two months? 10 hours later
With a P.S.A. of 10 how likely is it that someone has prostate cancer?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 9 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
The level of PSA doesn't determine the likelihood of cancer but it raises suspicion for sure. Hence follow ups are done frequently.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor