Does an aortic aneurysm with five CC volume of residual fluid require surgery?
Kindly share more details about your previous work up
We will try to help you in the best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, it seems as if 5 cc is either volume of some residual fluid or measure of prostate if compared with your age though it's still unclear what size are you sharing specifically.
Kindly in follow up query it would be very kind of you if you can share more details about your illness.
Though Your concerns regarding surgery or any other intervention are quite right and unless unavoidable usually invasive methods are avoided and medical treatment is a more preferable mode of management.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Keep blood pressure and heart rate under control
Well, in that case, you are right that monitoring is preferable and unless it worsens aggressively or causes significant pain or blood pressure issues or shortness of breath it can be left without surgery.
However, to avoid it to aggravate, blood pressure readings should be kept under control with blood pressure medications and heart rate should also be kept in check medically.
Avoiding straining or heavy exertion is mandatory. A regular cardiologist or vascular surgeon review will also be needed every three months at least.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Saddiq Ulabidin, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is surgery advisable for abdominal aortic aneurysm treatment
- Aortic aneurysm surgery mortality
- Marijuana abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Post aortic aneurysm surgery
- Thyroid medication aortic aneurysm
- Recovery after aortic aneurysm surgery
- Adderall and abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery hinduja
- An aortic aneurysm 45 before paying for surgery
- Adipex and abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?