question-icon

Does an allergic reaction to foods cause anal itching?

Posted on Fri, 27 Jul 2018
Question: What kind of specialist can I see for extreme anal itch reaction to sugar, fruits and grains for the last 16 months ?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
a gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:
It sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to some foods. Seeing a gastroenterologist and getting some colon testing done would be the best way to get an answer to the problem.
Anal itching can be from allergies, infection or inflammation and getting a colonoscopy if you have not already had one would be a good idea.
I wish you the best and let me know if you have any other questions.
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson