Does aloe vera and amla juice taken with honey interfere with absorption of Thyronorm?
30 minutes gap is recommended
Welcome to HCM. I have gone through the question and understand your concerns.
The recommendation is to take liquids/ medications (other than calcium) 30 minutes after thyronorm. This won't interfere with drug absorption. If your TSH is fluctuating on follow up, increase the gap to 1 hour.
So you can continue as of now.
Hope I have answered your questions. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help you.
Dr Ajish TP [MD,DM]
See detailed answer
Welcome back. The answers to your questions:
1. Diet in hypothyroidism depends on the cause. Two common causes being auto immune (Hashimoto's) and iodine deficiency.
In Hashimoto's ( more common cause) no diet modifications are needed.
In iodine deficiency hypothyroidism you can increase the consumption of iodised salt, sea foods etc and decrease the consumption of cabbage, cauliflower, millets etc
You can do a anti TPO antibody to differentiate these two
2. The testing depends on the patient features.
In children, women of reproductive age, people with fluctuations in TSH we monitor TSH every 6-12 weeks. In others every 6months or annual check up is needed.
Dr Ajish TP
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Aloe vera juice and simvastatin
- Tonsillectomy "aloe vera juice"
- Aloe vera juice with pylera
- Aloe vera juice meniere's
- Aloe vera juice for nearsightedness
- Aloe vera juice lipitor
- Aloe vera amla juice benefitsgrey hair
- Lexapro and aloe vera juice
- Extenze with aloe vera juice
- Does aloe vera juice interfere with levothyroxine
- Suggest remedy for stress induced diabetes
- Does thyroid induce sudden weight gain during pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for severe cold and chronic pain in lower back
- Suggest treatment for hashimotos thyroiditis
- What does light vaginal bleeding post Mifegest kit usage indicate?
- Suggest dosage of Eltroxine with TSH level of 10
- Suggest treatment for hypothyroidism
- Suggest ways to maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- What causes low blood sugar level?
- What causes swollen lymph nodes on neck with normal CT scan?