Does alcohol interact with rabies vaccination?
Dont worry about alcohol; need to know the route of vaccination
Thank you for posting your query in Healthcaremagic.com.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
Let me answer your queries one by one.
1. Dont worry about your alcohol intake following vaccination. 2 glasses of whiskey will not interfere with the efficacy of vaccination. But avoid regular intake of alcohol.
2. Rabies vaccination has various schedules according to route of administration in World Health Organisation Rabies vaccination guide.
Intramuscular regimen is commonly used which has 5 shots in one month duration on 0,3,7,14,30 days, and if multisite regimen is used, 3 days are sufficient on 0,7,21 days.
Intradermal regimen is used less commonly and has a course where 6 shots are given.
So kindly inform me about your route and site (single or multiple) of administration so that I could help you further.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Yes continue your regimen
Thank you for writing back.
1. Yes you should continue with the regimen. In multisite shots, injections on days 0,7,21 are sufficient but some doctors give an additional dose on day 3. It is perfectly okay.
2. Your parents need not take any vaccine now. Unless there is any scratch or bite, there is no absolute indication of vaccine. Rather get your puppy vaccinated if it is not yet done.
3. Well, though there is no definite time period, but 5-10 years of protection is what one can expect. Also, those who are frequently exposed, a booster dose is advised every 5 years.
Hope this helps.
No need of vaccination for them unless there is an exposure like yours
There is no need of vaccination for your parents unless there has been an exposure of scratching or bite like yours.
You can get your puppy vaccinated as per schedule.
That will reduce risk of transmission if any.
Hope this was useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drinking alcohol during rabies vaccine
- Anti rabies vaccination interaction with alcohol
- Anti rabies vaccine and alcohol ingestion
- Effect of alcohol in anti rabies vaccine
- Alcohol and rabies vaccine
- Alcohol after rabies vaccine
- Drug drug interaction of anti rabies vaccines
- Rabies vaccination and alcohol
- Rabies vaccine coffee alcohol
- Anti rabies vaccine alcohol
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?