Does alcohol generate female hormone endocrine and subdue male hormones?

Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist

Posted on Fri, 11 Jul 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I’m a 31 year old male. My personal problem worries me to no end. I feel manly and have reasonably good libido towards the opposite sex. However since childhood I have been developing certain feminine features like an hour glass figure. Narrow chest and shoulder and wide hips like woman. No breast formation thankfully. Altough my body & facial hair is very less compared most XXXXXXX Men. My skin and flesh is soft smooth and supple like woman and not rough and hard like men. Also some other female like features.
I have attraction for the opposite sex only and have regular sex. I have been regular to gym for last 3 years but haven’t been yet felt a considerable change in the above features except that my Chest and shoulders are little more broader now than what it used. My penis size is also average. As I was worried about these feminine features till no end I happened visited a doctor (Endocrinologist) in XXXXXXX few years back and conducted the following test which came out to be normal
FSH
LH
Prolactin
Lipid Profile
TSH
Free Testosterone
Testosterone
Estradiol etc.
A more worrying observation is that both my Sisters sons are also now showing similar features as me and Im afraid that they would too have same slight self confidence issues like me when they turn adults.
What is the explanantion here and are there any cure??
Is it true that alcohol generates female hormone endocrine and subdues male hormones testosterone?
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Good day.
Noted your history.
As you have good libido and able to intercourse, your male hormone axis is likely to be normal. Besides, you have done the necessary work up in XXXXXXX and that was normal too.
This seems to be your family trend of body shape. Not everyone in same family get same shape. Probably you and your sisters sons have similar genes.
A low carbohydrate diet may help. Besides, just going to gym may not help. You need to get a trainer and tell him that you would like to reduce hip and waist size.
Guided exercise will surely help.
Please do not worry. Even film stars with Macho looks do not have a natural body like that. They get a personal trainer in gym who help them to achieve that masculine shape.
Binu