Does alcohol consumption worsen the symptoms of ocular myasthenia gravis?
Alcohol is not good for health and MG, too!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this diagnosis of myasthenia Gravis in your little brother. Alcohol is generally not good for health. However, there are no specific recommendations which show that alcohol worsens symptoms of MG. On the premises of alcohol having negative consequences on over all health, I would recommend that you discourage him from using alcohol in excess quantities. What specific treatment is he on at this time? Is he able to function normal and has he been educated on what this is and what measures could be of help to him?
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ocular myasthenia gravis disease
- Ocular myasthenia gravis prognosis
- Ocular myasthenia gravis causes
- Symptoms of ocular myasthenia gravis
- Treatment and cure for ocular myasthenia gravis
- Ocular myasthenia gravis icd 9
- Ocular myasthenia gravis
- Diagnosed ocular myasthenia gravis help
- Diagnosis of ocular myasthenia gravis
- Ocular myasthenia gravis and fatigue
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?