Does accidental cut on penis effect the erection?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Lump
Question: I am a 22 year old male and last night I was trimming my pubic hair with an electric trimmer without the safety guard and I nicked/gashed my penis on the underside of the shaft towards the base of the penis. I am concerned because I have done this before but not this large or deep of a cut. Last night and today I have had trouble getting/maintaining an erection. Is it possible I nicked a blood vessel or something and caused erection problems?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. See such type of accidental cuts are common but don't worry they are not going to cause loss of libido or erection problem.
I would advise you to apply an ointment containing Muproicin (T-bact ) to prevent any infection over the area.
Just make sure you clean and dry the wound properly.
It would heal in 5-7 days.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay healthy.