Does a tender and painful spot above the right nipple require medical attention?

Question
I have a tender/painful to the touch spot about an inch to the right side of my right nipple. It is not the nipple itself. Feels like I bruised it somehow, but it has not been going away....
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to know if the area is inflamed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I have gone carefully through your question. However, I would need to ask whether the area looks different (red, hot, swollen, color change etc.). A clinical evaluation is necessary but uploading an image will also help. Try hot compress. Take tab. Aleve (naproxen) as per requirement. That should help. If it still does not resolve in a few days you might need to see a doctor.

I would wait for your response.