Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Does a tender and painful spot above the right nipple require medical attention?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4160 Questions
I have a tender/painful to the touch spot about an inch to the right side of my right nipple. It is not the nipple itself. Feels like I bruised it somehow, but it has not been going away....
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to know if the area is inflamed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I have gone carefully through your question. However, I would need to ask whether the area looks different (red, hot, swollen, color change etc.). A clinical evaluation is necessary but uploading an image will also help. Try hot compress. Take tab. Aleve (naproxen) as per requirement. That should help. If it still does not resolve in a few days you might need to see a doctor.

I would wait for your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor