Does a swollen gland under the jaw bone require immediate medical attention?
Is she still having ear pain? What are her temperatures?
Fevers after 4days on antibiotics are something to worry about.
However, is this fever still the same as it was during the beginning of her ear infection?
The swollen glands under her jaw. ideally on the same side as the ear infection, is normal and signifies that the body immune system is fighting against the infection.
For now, I will like to know how high her temperatures are and how high they were at the beginning of the infection. Then, use Tylenol to control her fever.
It can be administered as many as 4times. Also, let me know if she is still in severe pain and how it is compared with her earlier pain severity.
If the fever and pain and less compared to when the diagnosis was made, we have to be more patient as this is indicative of a good response to treatment. If it is not, then this might signal treatment failure.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
This shows she’s getting better!
The reducing fever shows she’s getting better. Should this persist beyond 7days after the start of antibiotics should prompt further evaluation as it may signal antibiotic resistance?
Keep me updated about this.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Chobufo Ditah, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen gland over jaw bone
- Gland under jaw swollen painless
- Swollen gland under jaw cocaine
- Swollen gland under jaw
- Pins and needles and swollen collar bone glands
- Swollen glands under jaw std
- Movement swollen 1cm glands under jaw
- Swollen glands behind collar bone infec
- Swollen gland by the ankle bone
- Swollen lymphnode under jaw bone
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?