Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Does a swollen foreskin require ER consultation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4153 Questions
Hello..i have a swollen foreskin for two days....i took advil yesterday to reduce the swollen . It did. But it came back this morning. Im circumised. I already make a doc appt but i have to wait till tuesday. Should i go directly to emergency. No pain in urining.
Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Depends on whether the area seems inflamed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I need to ask if there are signs of inflammation (viz. redness, raised temperature, tenderness etc.). If not, you can wait and need not rush to the emergency. However, if infection or inflammation seems to be present, it might be a good idea to visit the ER.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor