Does a swollen foreskin require ER consultation?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Men's Health
Question: Hello..i have a swollen foreskin for two days....i took advil yesterday to reduce the swollen . It did. But it came back this morning. Im circumised. I already make a doc appt but i have to wait till tuesday. Should i go directly to emergency. No pain in urining.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Depends on whether the area seems inflamed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I need to ask if there are signs of inflammation (viz. redness, raised temperature, tenderness etc.). If not, you can wait and need not rush to the emergency. However, if infection or inflammation seems to be present, it might be a good idea to visit the ER.

Let me know if I could help further.