Owl Image

Does a suspected shoulder dislocation require an ER consultation?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Eight days agi, I was in a motorcycle accident where I was hit by a car and flew through air and landed. I was taken by helicopter to a trauma center where they did a full body scan and was sent home with road rash and bad bruises. I complained consistently but was told the scan showed no broken bones and was released. I contacted an attorney and was told to see their chiropractor this coming XXXXXXX 3rd. In the last 2 days the swelling has gone down and i am almost positive my shoulder is dislocated. My arm is about 3/4" longer than other arm. Do I need to go to emergency room now or is it ok to wait 2 more days?
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go to ER.

Detailed Answer:

I have one through your query,if your shoulder is dislocated than you should go to ER as soon as possible because it will be difficult to reduce shoulder as time pass.Do a x-ray of shoulder for proper diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal