question-icon

Does a stress fracture cause bruising on the forearm?

Posted on Wed, 3 Oct 2018
Question: I have discoloration/bruising on left forearm - possibly from 5 days of golf? Possible stress fracture? No pain at all. (I've taken a few aspirin in last week.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (23 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
If no symptoms,this may most probably be due to anti-platelet activity.

Detailed Answer:

Noted the history and understood the concerns.
No pain and hopefully no edema and any disability to function mean no fracture.

It is possible that the last dose of Aspirin caused the anti-platelet activity causing the bruising by saying rubbing of something which got unnoticed.

Hence, I'd suggest stopping Aspirin totally.
Please post the clear and focused photos as these may help me for an on-the-spot diagnosis. You can simply attach/upload them to the reports section of this web page. Please also mention if there are any other symptoms.I hope stopping Aspirin helps.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T Chandrakant,
General Surgeon

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon