Does a small, soft and movable lymph node above the left collar bone a cause for concern?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 6 Sep 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have multiple lymph nodes, neck bilateral all soft and moveable, one above right collar bone again soft moveable ( was ultrasounded 2 years ago and was not a concern) now one above my left collar bone, I’ve had the area ultrasounded twice in 4 months, my dr wanted an FNA done but the radiologist didn’t do it bc the node was only 4-6 mm, I can feel it freely move on the left aide directly above my collar bone it’s small and freely moves. To makes matters worse 2 months ago I went to the er for palpatations and it came back my hemoglobin was 7 they had to transfuse me bc I was symptomatic I seen a dr a hematologist and a cardiologist and they all agreed it was just my period. I’m a 30 year old female. I’m scared they kee popping up and it says everywhere online you should never be able to feel the ones above th left collar bone and I can with no problems at all.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Small.nodes dont need evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi!
I have gone through the details. Small neck nodes less than 1 cm in size dont require any evaluation. Small nodes are frequently seen in healthy individuals and are not a cause of concern.
Your anemia should be evaluated for the cause and iron profile and ferritin levels, b12 and folate levels, need to be checked for iron deficiency. After that, hematinics can be added.

Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 18 minutes later
Ok but these aren’t neck lymph nodes they are Supra clavicle nodes, on the left. Everything online says those are the worse. Do you think it’s possible I just can feel nodes and search for them and they never conpletely go back down? All are soft but I can just feel them all over my neck and then above both clavicles
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hello. they are not pathological

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Even if they are supraclavicular, small smooth soft nodes do not require any attention. you should not be worried undue.

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal, Oncologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng