Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Does a small mass on the kidney indicate a kidney disease?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6171 Questions
I went to the doctor to get a ultrasound on my kidneys and bladder ,my doctor said my bladder looked fine but one of my kidneys has a small mass on it , does that mean I have kidney disease ? Plus I do urinate alot like 20 times a day .
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Means you have a kidney disease!

Detailed Answer:

From your symptoms and the ultrasound findings, you have a problem with your kidneys. This calls for detailed evaluation and management. It is difficult to tell what the exact cause of this kidney mass is and what it represents. It is too early unless more tests are done. I will love to see a CT scan done and if need be, a sample of this mass might be taken for laboratory analysis.

In all, your kidneys are not normal and need detailed evaluation to establish the exact cause and treat fully.

I hope this addresses your worry. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor