Does a sebaceous cyst in the groin area with no blood flow to it require biopsy?
She has recommended that I have a biopsy done by a surgeon. Do you think this is necessary? It is not painful , just concerned.
Biopsy is pointless.
It would be good to have it rather removed than have a biopsy. Although cyst sebaceous cyst usually does not turn into a cancer, there is a 5% risk of having a cancer in it. Moreover, cyst can very often become infected so it must be drained. That is why you should have it removed. Biopsy is pointless.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Relation between blood sugar and sebaceous cysts
- Sebaceous cyst on male groin area
- Sebaceous cyst leaking blood
- Sebaceous cysts removal foreskin
- High blood sugar sebaceous cyst
- Sebaceous cyst in groin female
- Sebaceous cyst foreskin cysts
- Does sebaceous cyst have blood flow to it
- Sebaceous cyst groin area
- Sebaceous cysts burst and period blood
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?