Does a negative chlamydia IgG test result of .73 against .8 indicate chlamydia?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Chlamydia igg test result was .73 against a test result of .8 for being negative. Do I have chlamydia t?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unless IgM is positive, you do not have Chlamydia

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Whether you have Chlamydia would be determined by the Chlamydia IgM. If it is negative, you do not have Chlamydia. The IgG positivity indicates that one had Chlamydia ever in life. A borderline report as in this case is insignificant in any case. You do not need to worry.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
I tested for pcr DNA test 6 days after exp and it came out negative. It was a urine test. Was it conclusive?

And should I go for Igm test?

3 months have passed after potential exposure and I never had real symptoms like discharge etc. though I did have sore penis after two days from exposure.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Test conclusive. No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
The DNA PCR is conclusive. You can rely on it. You do not need an IgM to be done. You need not worry about the exposure.

The soreness of your penis is possibly unrelated.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Final question . I did igg test 4 days after exp and the result was .49 and after 3 months the result is .73. Though both under negative zone but still not able to understand why the number has increased. Please explain.
Brief Answer:
The magnitude does not matter. It is either positive or negative.

Detailed Answer:
The magnitude does not matter. It is either positive or negative. No need to worry.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D