Does a needle biopsy result in a collapsed lung?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Dr. XXXXXXX Robinson:
http://doctor.yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.com/AskDoctorInboxServlet?page=viewQuery&queryId=318519
Thank you for your concern! I have decide not to have needle biopsy because of any risk of a collapsed lung.
When I had a tumor removed in right lung, 1999, the surgery went well, then lung collapsed, after 7-10 days when lung wouldn't stabilize the surgeon removed the lung. Cancer cured minus a lung.

I will opt for a bronchoscopy for tissue biopsy.
I truly appreciate the follow up. Audrey XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
thank you so much

Detailed Answer:
I really appreciate hearing about your decision. These decisions are always hard to make. I trust that you are doing what is best for you. In this situation I would probably have made the same decision. I wish you the best
Dr. Robinson