Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Does a man who leaks semen due to excitation have a virus ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
If the guy leaks while just getting excited does that mean he has a virus or something? Also, If you have not had intercourse but he has rubbed his penis all around on your female parts does that mean you can get his virus or something?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 25 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

If a person ejaculates while being excited that does not indicate at all that he has some virus. The possibility of a virus can be ruled out by means of various tests. The virus if present can be transmitted by means of any bodily fluid as semen, vaginal fluid, saliva etc. and touching the penis around the genitals does have a risk especially if he is ejaculating even if it is precum.

If you suspect the unknown partner to be infected consider getting tested but the time period for appearance of symptom differs in case of every disease and even some may be asymptomatic. The only way is to get regular screening done by means of tests.

It would be better to see a Dermatologist and get evaluated and treated accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Does a man who leaks semen due to excitation have a virus ? 6 hours later
Thanks for your answer. So, since I am new at this... and I don't date a lot. ONe is to ask the guy if he has been tested... use a rubber... and of the best not to do it. But, if one is going to have sex, the leaking thing even before everything is something to be very concerned. How is one to trust someone even when you ask...Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 26 minutes later

Thanks for follow up

It is best to have intercourse with a known partner. But if you are getting involved with a new person it is better to use condom. Condoms relatively protects against infection unless condom failure leads to exposure. Hence there is always an element of risk involved with an unknown partner.

So, if it's going to be with an unknown partner, better use a condom.

Leakage (ejaculation) before sexual intercourse is termed premature ejaculation. This can sometimes be psychologically concerning. Practice Keegel's exercises. Start and stop techniques during sexual intercourse is another useful technique in these situations. Medical drugs belonging to the class of tricyclic antidepressants are also useful in treating premature ejaculation. Consult an urologist who can prescribe them to you (if required).

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor