Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Does a lump on the pelvis with abdominal pain require medical attention?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 15861 Questions
i found a lump on my pelvis just above my c section scar its on the right hand side and is accompanied by leg and pelvic /abdominal pain . i have also had recurring shoulder pain for the last few months. should i be worried?
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Lump
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please give details and post actual reports if done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better.
When was the C-section done?
Since when is the lump above the scar present?
Does this lump increase on coughing and reduces on pressure?
Or does not change the size on coughing hard?
What is the size of the lump?

Since when is the pain in the leg, pelvis/abdomen present? What is the character/type of this pain?
Has the pain in shoulder restricted the movements?
Any medical problems like diabetes or any other problems?
Please provide any other additional details.
Awaiting for your feedback in details.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Does a lump on the pelvis with abdominal pain require medical attention? 13 hours later
i found the lump this morning and I've had 3 c sections the last one in 2010 as far as im aware it does not change in size on coughing or pressure and there are 2x 1cm lumps with a larger underneath. the pain in the abdomen has been present for 2 weeks now and it feels like a sore pressure. I cannot replicate the pain in the shoulder . I have tried to by putting my arm in various positions amd pressing on the areas in which the pain occurs. I am currently being investigated for gerd and suffer from post nasal drip and have had a chronic cough for upwards of 1.5 years. I have had a chest xray which came back clear in may this year.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As discussed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
Since the is no change in size on coughing this is not a hernia. Thence it can be a lump of cyst or granuloma origin. It can be definitely diagnosed by clinical palpation and confirmed by High resolution Ultrasonography.
Pain in abdomen may or may not be related to the lump but needs to be ruled out.
Chronic cough for one and half years is a long time to suffer and may be due to irritation due to postnasal drip or both the problems being due to allergy.
Chronic cough in turn can give the GERD problems as there is increase in intra-abdominal pressure and also be a reason for pain in abdomen and the lump if it proves to be due to hernia or so.
Clinical evaluation, an actual examination by a General Surgeon can help to pinpoint the cause

Please consult a Orthopedic Surgeon to rule out frozen shoulder and related problems to get an accurate diagnosis so that a proper management can be done.
Let this not increase further without a proper diagnosis.

I hope this answer helps you getting a correct diagnosis at the earliest so that a proper management can be done as soon as possible.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor