Does a lump in the head from an accident require medical consultation?

Excellent

Neurologist
Question
The lift on my car came down and banged my head I have a dent and a lump I didn't pass out it just very sore , slight headache but should I be concerned that there could be more serious... of course my mind is going to is there internal bleeding
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No indication of bleeding.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

Judging from your description those symptoms of soreness and mild headache while not desirable are to be expected. There isn't any indication of bleeding in the brain. So unless new symptoms appear I don't see any reason for panic.

Most common symptoms to indicate bleeding in the brain would be intense or intensity increasing headaches, confusion or changes in behavior noted by others, double vision or vision loss, seizures, numbness or weakness of the limbs, coordination difficulties. Such symptoms would warrant immediate attention. Most dangerous period is the first 24-48 hours, afterwards the risk is much smaller.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.

Follow-up: Does a lump in the head from an accident require medical consultation? 44 minutes later
Thank you for the information ... is it advisable to put ice on for any swelling or just leave it alone

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, during the first 24 hours.

Detailed Answer:
Ice is advised to be used during the first day, fir 20 minutes every 3-4 hours, not advised after the first day.
Mind you that is only for the local swelling, doesn't affect the risk of brain bleeding in anyway.

Let me know if I can further assist you.