Does a liver hemingioma cause abnormal liver panel?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Does a liver hemingioma cause abnormal liver panel?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
yes it can .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.

A hepatic hemangioma is a noncancerous tumor in the liver that's made up of a tangle of blood vessels. Liver hemangiomas typically don't cause symptoms however as they occupy space inside liver they may cause pressure atrophy of surrounding tissue which maycause mild to moderate derangement of liver functions however this is transient and liver recovers itself very soon.
Secondly only three times elevation of liver function is signifgicant.

Hope i was helpful.
Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D