Does a foul urine smell require a medical consultation?
I don't think there is much to worry
I can understand your concern but I won't get overly worried as this foul smell is not there always, child is otherwise healthy and investigations are normal.
Urine itself has characteristic odour due to ammonia and urea.
More concentrated urine due to less intake of water may cause strong odor.
It is more common in morning after a prolonged fasting period and improves during day time.
Urinary infection and few uncommon causes like amino acid or other metabolic disorders may also cause foul smell urine.
But in your case investigations are normal, growth is good and there are no associated symptoms I don't think any treatment is needed.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Pradeep Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Foul smelling urine medical term
- Foul smelling urine and hiv
- Constipation foul smelling urine and painful urination
- Foul smelling urine with foam
- What causes frequent urination and foul smell in urine
- Foul smelling urine excess protein in urine
- Foul smelling urine and constipation
- Foul smelling urine cipralex
- Foul smelling green urine
- Pheochromocytoma and foul urine smell
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting