Does a detox program cause swelling in body, headache and light headedness?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am in my 6th day of Ortho Molecular "Core Restore" 7 day detox program issued me by my BodyLogic Doctor. The purpose for this program is that I recently did "Triad Bloodspot" and urine testing with results indicating high significance of digestive insufficiency, toxic exposure, mitochondrial functional impairment, fatigue, mental/emotional, amino acid insufficiency and gut dysbiosis.

I am experiencing extreme swelling of my legs and ankles, some swelling in my face and hands, constant headache, some chills, lightheadedness and noticeable pain in my right mid section.

Should I be concerned about organ failure or are these common symptoms of toxins leaving the body?

Please advise
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will strongly recommend that you stop this detox program!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. No drug should make you sicker before being able to help. Detox programs are not well understood and most of these medications have huge side effects that have not been well studied and reported. Personally, I will not go for a drug detox program because they rarely accomplish what they are said to be able to do. These reported possible diagnosis are too flashy to be true and though science has advanced in making sophisticated diagnoses, these are simply not possible in a single individual.

In all, I strongly recommend that you stop this drug. Return to good diet, plenty of fruits and fluids. If symptoms persist, get a full medical checkup to make sure all is okay.

I hope this guides. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.