Does a delayed period interfere with pregnancy test ?
Do you think I could still be pregnant? Or was I even pregnant? Could this be my period 3 days late.
Thanks for the query.
First diagnosis to be ruled out when a period is late is pregnancy.If your first test was faintly positive then there was a possibility that you were pregnant.But since the subsequent tests were negative then the first test appears to be a false positive.You probably got your periods delayed by 3 days which is common.
The reason i say this is because,if we take the first test to be positive and then you started bleeding,the common suspicion would be a miscarriage.However,pregnancy test remain positive for several days after an abortion till the hormone levels normalise gradually.The tests will not be negative immediately.
Hence the conclusion that the first test was a false positive.You have tried 3 different brands of home pregnancy tests and we should rely on 2 out of 3.
You can always take another test tomorrow and see if its positive/negative.If thats negative then dont worry.If this happens to be positive or faintly positive like the first test,i suggest you see your doctor and get an ultrasound.
The bleeding had started to become less heavy. I was wondering is there a possibility that the results could be wrong as I pee'd into a cup and not directly onto the HPT? & blood got into the sample of urine?
I'm unsure of how a test could read a false positive? It should only show a line if there is a HGC? And there was defiantly a line seen by 3 other people.
False positive means there is some malfunction in the test itself. Not observer error. Thats why its recommended to use other brands.
I suggest that you take another test and confirm the negative test. If its negative then this was your period.
The test results shouldnt be affected by blood etc.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Delayed periods pregnant pregnancy test reports negative
- Delayed periods pregnancy tests negative chances of pregnancy
- Does a delayed period interfere with pregnancy test
- Delay in periods negative pregnancy tests what could be this
- Delayed periods pregnancy test done possibility of pregnancy
- Pregnancy test positive delayed period
- Delayed periods pregnancy test- negative is this normal
- Delayed period and white discharge with a negative pregnancy test
- Celexa interfere with pregnancy test
- Delayed periods pregnancy test negative ovulation problem