Does a cyst in the neck require surgery?
Definite management of cyst is surgery.
* The definite management of cyst is surgery.
* The time to get intervention depends on different factors.
Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. Cyst - duration, size, overlying skin changes in terms of warmth.
2. Pain if any.
3. Amount of pus, fever if present.
4. If possible a photo picture of the cyst as an attachment in follow up session
would help greatly. You can simply attach/upload it to the 'Reports section' of this web page.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon