Does a broken nose and cheekbone heal in 4 months?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Does a broken nose and a broken cheekbone heal in 4 months? Infections can't happen 4 months later can they?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 days later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that generally a broken nose and cheek will heal in 4 months but the possibilty of infection always exists although the chances of infection decreases as the healing occurs but the possibilty of infection cannnot be ruled out completely . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 minute later
Even after a year later?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for revErting back. Infection can take place even in healthy tissues and bones where no prior injury is there so the chances are always there . But as the period after healing increases the chances are less . And it can occur after one year also. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 minutes later
I meant can you die from it 4 months later
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, It will be very difficult to answer it as it depends how serious an infection is and what organisms are causing that . It cannot be predicted as now but generally infections respond to the treatment . You need to see a doctor for this evaluation. Dr. Shruti