Does a black or purple coloured boil require ER consultation?
Please give details and post actual photographs if possible.
Please give some additional information for me to assist you better:
Where is this boil?
Since when is it present?
When did it open?
What are the recent blood sugar levels and HbA1c levels?
Are you on any antibiotics or other medications.
Any other information, please?
Please post clear and focused photos if possible.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr T Chandrakant, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis