Does a BP level of 183/88 in an elderly patient require an ER consultation?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
my aunt is 93 and her bp is now 183/88. she takes a bp Rx amlodipine and valsartine maybe. she has a dr. appointment tomorrow. is this an emergency?
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not an emergency.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,if bp is 183/88 than there is no emergency .So you can wait till tomorrow.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal