question-icon

Does ZzzQuil help resolve sleeplessness while on Alprazolam?

Posted on Wed, 1 Aug 2018
Question: hello. I have been prescribed alprazolam for about 10 years, I took 0.25 mg about an hour ago. i Can't sleep right now, is it okay if I take some zzzquil?
Answered by Dr. Soujanya (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can

Detailed Answer:

Hello madam,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I have gone through your query and understand your concern towards the dose of alprazolam.

There is nothing to worry even if you take zzzquil, which is diphenhydramine that is antihistamine for your sleep.

Alprazolam 0.25mg is very minimal dose, so it is OK even if you supplement.

But, I would advise you to discuss with your doctor regarding the switching of alprazolam to other safer benzodiazepine like CLONAZEPAM since you are using this for 10 yrs.

Hope this information would help you.
Thank you,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Soujanya

Psychiatrist