question-icon

Does Zosert cause heartburn as side-effects?

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018
Question:
Glod eveng Dpctor
I am taking zosert.daily one in night after fpod, bit i haveno XXXXXXX mental problems or depression now or before but to stop clofranil 50 mg.
Now, i have been taking since few months, however, i have lots of side effects pf the zosert like burning i heart and stomach. Etc severely and i have decidex to sstopit.
Please advise doctor.
Anantb ne
Age 52 yeRs
MALE XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It should be stopped sowly

Detailed Answer:

Although it is advisable to discontinue zosert under guidance of your doctor but in case you are not able to see him personally you are requested to stop it slowly. Ideally it will be better if you reduce 20%-25% every week and so on. This will minimize the chance of withdrawal side effects associated with zosert.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Ashok Kumar, Psychiatrist
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist