Does Zopiclone interact with Lorazepam?

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Drug Abuse
Question: i have taken 1 tablet of zopiclone and 1 tablet of lorazepam. Can I drive whist taking these drugs
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you'd better not...

Detailed Answer:

both drugs belong to the drug class of benzodiazepines and their common effect is sleep induction (or sleepiness). They will decrease your ability to react in a dangerous situation (like when you have to step fast and hard on the brakes because of a sudden obstacle or other kind of danger) and they may make you feel sleepy, therefore reducing your ability to concentrate and think fast. If this is the first time you've taken them then their effects might be even more evident on you. You'd better avoid driving...

I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!