question-icon

Does Zoloft cause sleeplessness or interact with ZzzQuil?

Posted on Tue, 11 Sep 2018
Question: I recently have started taking Zoloft and I have trouble sleeping. DOES THE product Z Z QUILL INTERACT.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (47 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Insomnia is a side effect of Zoloft.

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Zoloft is well known to cause insomnia as a side effect and this could be the reason for development of insomnia. This particular side effect is time limited and it can be expected to decrease with the progress of time. Continue to take the Zoloft in the morning hours if currently you are taking these pills in the evening hours.

Regarding interaction, I like to make it clear that it is not known to cause interaction with product ZzzQuil.

Dr. Ashok Kumar,
Psychiatrist

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist