Does Zifi help cure persistent vomiting in an infant?
I have tried Grandem Syrup but there is not much relief. Please suggest the medication. Should I give him Zifi 100 Syrup 2.5 ml.
ORS is the mainstay of treatment.Vomiting may continue for a couple of days
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query. Your child has an episode of gastritis, possibly due to viral cause. Proper fluid replenishment with ORS (oral rehydration solution) should be done. Unless this is done, it could lead to fluid and salt depletion. Giving juicy fruits like citrus fruits should help in replenishing the salts and would ease the situation. You also need to give some antiemetic like Graniderm when needed, especially 15-30 mins before feeds. I do not suppose that you need to give Zifi.
You may give Lanzol Junior 15mg for the next few days. Please be patient. But if the child grows lethargic you would have to rush him to the hospital. Monitor the urine output. If it is reduced you would need to increase the fluid intake and if that does not suffice you might need to visit the hospital.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What medication will help to cure from vomit
- Persistent vomiting in babies
- Persistent vomiting in toddlers
- Persistent vomiting after embryo transfer
- Extreme persistent vomiting
- What could cause persistent vomiting along with weakness and tiredness
- What causes persistent vomiting
- Persistent vomiting weight loss what could be the cause
- Cure vomiting after rowing
- Zifi 200 to cure inflammation in vegina